Re: mouse wheel doesn't work after sarge upgrade

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:50:05 -0400
Tom Vier <tmv@comcast.net> wrote:

> Anyone else experience this? I hadn't updated my sarge install in a
> few weeks, til it last night. Now the scroll wheels on my mouse and
> keyboard don't work. I don't have time to track down the problem
> right now, so if anyone already has a solution, please post it.

Go into your /etc/X11/xorg.conf file and under the mouse Input Device
section, add something like:

Option "Buttons" "7"
Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"

--
Cheers,
Trey

No committee could ever come up with anything as revolutionary as a
camel -- anything as practical and as perfectly designed to perform
effectively under such difficult conditions.
		-- Laurence J. Peter

Linux salamander 2.6.11.4-20a-default #1 Wed Mar 23 21:52:37 UTC 2005
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux 11:21am  up   3:34,  4 users,  load average:
0.14, 0.18, 0.12