squirrelmail+sendmail

Hi List,

First of all thank you for all your replies I have recieved so far on several
occasions.

I have the following problem:

We have a mailserver running Sendmail 8.13 on Debian unstable. Our clients
connect through POP3 to fetch mail.
Recently my boss wanted to be able to check his mail through a web interface
when he is abroad.
After some initial searching I decided to test Squirrelmail.
Installation and initial configuration was OK. It is now accessed through the
browser.
But there is the following problem: since we get mail through POP3 I cannot
figure out how to have both POP3 and IMAP on the same machine.
I installed cyrus-imapd and I can log in squirrelmail. But all I get is error
messages in the browser:

ERROR : Could not complete request.
Query: SELECT "INBOX"
Reason Given: Mailbox does not exist

and

ERROR : Could not complete request.
Query: CREATE "INBOX.Sent"
Reason Given: Permission denied

I couldn't find a working solution at squirrelmail website.

ANY hints?

Regards

Chavdar Videff