Re: Firefox no print issue

On Wednesday June 8 2005 20:50, Jim Hall wrote:
> Because printing in Linux and I are not on the best of terms, I sort of
> expected to see something more CUPS related. I say that because in the
> CUPS setup I've done so far I didn't see any lpr commands.

So there we have a(nother) potential culprit. Install the cupsys-bsd package.

It will replace the BSD printer tools (lpr and others) which use the
antiquated printcap system for configuration and replace them with drop-in
commands that actually use the CUPS configuration. It seems that installing
CUPS doesn't automatically install those tools, so any program that uses them
may or may not work while others that use CUPS directly (e.g. KDE or Gnome)
work just fine.

--
Got Backup?

Jabber: Shadowdancer at jabber.fsinf.de