Re: enhancing xdmcp performance

Stephen Patterson wrote:
Either way (ssh or XDMCP) are much quicker than regular vnc.

As with all things, that depends. GTK2 applications would kill XDMCP on my network (100mbit) so I switched to VNC and made sure to try each of the encodings. Some of the encodings are slower over the network but one was faster than XDMCP on my GTK2 applications. Of course not having VNC installed on this machine presently I couldn't tell ya which encoding it was other than not Tight. :D