fetchmail adding a paren?

For some reason, it appears that fetchmail is adding a paren to the end of
every mail message downloaded from one of my accounts. I am running
fetchmail from init, and I am using it for three different accounts, each
of which is delivering to a different user on my system. The problem is
only occurring with one of them.

Of the three, that is the only one using IMAP (over SSL). The other two are
POP3. I've checked on the IMAP server before downloading, and there is no
paren; it only appears after passing through fetchmail (and exim). Does
anyone have any idea what might be going on, or how to fix it?

--Greg