Re: DVORAK

On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 07:41:09PM -0500, Steve Block wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 06, 2005 at 03:46:01PM -0600, Cam wrote:
>
> d) the myth that dvorak is faster than qwerty is just that, as any
> decent amount of searching will show.

Your statement is the myth.  Having learned to properly type on both
QWERTY and Dvorak layouts, I can honestly say that I type 10-25% faster
on a Dvorak keyboard.

> e) if you are already an accomplished touch typer in the qwerty system
> you'll have to relearn your typing skills pretty much from scratch.

This is true.  It takes quite a bit of effort over a period of time to
get it down to the same level of proficiency as on a QWERTY keyboard.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr