Re: System won't boot with USB CardReader plugged in...

So, there's no one out there who can help me with this? :'-(
Once more, for the record: My system doesn't boot up when the USB card reader
is plugged in, instead it stops after the message
"checking 'hlt' instruction... OK" however, if I plug it in when the system's
up, it works perfectly well...
It's not the system trying to actually boot from that device (Usb memory stick
works just fine...) and udev is not even installed --- I'm hopelessly lost ;)
Of course it's not that bad a problem, it's just one of those which I refuse
to believe to be insoluble...
Sooo, if there is anyone who knows about this problem (bug?), perhaps even a
solution - then please help me :-)
Thank you so much!
Jan Leewe Behrendt

p.s: I signed up for this mailing list yesterday and without really thinking
about it I chose my usual email adress... Is this a bad idea and should I
rather chose a "junk-box" for this purpose due to spam problems?