System won't boot with USB CardReader plugged in...

Hello everybody,

Yesterday I bought a Hama Usb 2.0 CardReader and it works pretty well.
But during the next boot-up, the system hung after the message

"checking 'hlt' instruction... OK"

appeared on my screen. My computer is rather new, so it can't be that issue
that can be solved by adding no-hlt to the command line. Besides, I think the
word "OK" proves my point :-)

Can anyone help me with this? Of course I could just leave the card reader
unconnected until the system has booted up but I really don't like having to
do that every time--> convenience ;-)

By the way, I recompiled the Kernel (2.6.11.11) however that did not do
anything :(

Thanks in advance!!
Leewe Behrendt

p.s.: If I hurt any rules for mailing lists, please tell me, it's the first
time I use this list.