Re: System won't boot with USB CardReader plugged in...

On Sunday 05 June 2005 12:03 pm, Jan Leewe Behrendt wrote:
> Can anyone help me with this? Of course I could just leave the card reader
> unconnected until the system has booted up but I really don't like having to
> do that every time--> convenience ;-)

This is just a stupid question, but did you check that its not trying to
mount a partition on the usb drive that properly speaking belongs elsewhere?
IE hotplug/udev gets creative and decides to give the cardreader a name that
conflicts with something else?

I don't use udev so I don't even know if this is possible but if udev
dynamicly  assigns mountpoints and /dev names it *might* be possible.

--
I imagine in the Star Trek universe they'd just have emergency
holographic priests, with replicated eucharist and synthehol wine, which