Re: Alsa not working after reboot

* Colin (cwvca_SPAMNOT@hotmail.com) wrote:

> alsaconf will load the modules that you need but it won't add them to your
> /etc/modules file to have them load after a reboot.  Do "lsmod" before and
> after alsaconf and put the modules that were added by alsaconf in /etc/modules.

Yes, that worked.  After Mr. Hood's post above, thanks by the way, I
saw this suggested in the README.Debian file.  Actually there was
quite a bit more about hotplug, but this caught my eye as being
straightforward and so I did it first.  Although I only added one
module, snd-es1688, and apparently the rest was loaded automatically.
Now I have quite a few snd modules listed in lsmod, and I rebooted
with nothing  in the /etc/modules file but that one above.  But,
working is what counts.

Many thanks to all,

patrick