Compag Proliant 370

Hi list

I just have become in possession of an old Compag Proliant 370 (still
need to figure out what im going to do with it -maybe a nice mailserver).

The machine obviously came with Winblows 2000 Server on and I have now
just installed debian.

The problem I am having is, when windows was installed the machine would
slow the fans down etc
but now that I have debian installed (kernel 2.6.11) the fan are just
blowing continuously (sound like an aeroplane getting ready to take off
- LOL)

I thought it was a acpi issue, but I cant seem to get this right.

If anyone has and tips / solution etc it would be great fully
appreciated

Kind Regards
Brent Clark