Re: Testing fails on Asus A7N8X, Sil3112 and SATA

c5qb-3fe3@spamex.com a écrit :

Hi --

I am experiencing problems when trying to install Debian on my system. The
installation fails at the point at which it tries to load up the scsi modules
and read the disc, as far as I can see it is failing to read the superblock
properly.
The disc is a WD1200JB SATA connected via the onboard Sil3112 SATA
controller.  I've tried installation using the the rc3 image as well as a
number of daily images including the latest.

If i search google groups for "debian ASUS a7n8x SATA" I find plenty of posts
by people who have experienced problems, though I can't find the related bug
under the cdimage package.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

install on a // Ata disk, and then migrate on S-ATA.

--
C'EST QUE ÇA CHIE...

P : Laissons disparaître les animaux en voie de disparition ! Le monde serait-il meilleur si les dinosaures existaient encore ?
M : Oui ! Si les dinosaures existaient encore, les chars d'assaut seraient reconvertis en motos-crottes !