Re: Reverting mixed system to stable?

Jim, thank you for your suggestion. I didn't know about this tool. Unfortunately, I have 66 packages marked "No available version," most of whose names I don't recognize, and nothing marked 'testing'.

I think I'm back to rebuilding the system from scratch.

Thanks, again, for writing.

-Kevin

On 6/1/05, KEVIN ZEMBOWER <KZEMBOWE@jhuccp.org> wrote:

> Is there a clear way to use Debian package maintenance tools to revert
> this system back to 'stable?' Will this method remove any packages which
> aren't part of the 'stable' branch (this is what I hope it would do)?

There is a tool called apt-show-versions, which can display in which
distribution each installed package is.  So

  apt-show-versions | grep -v stable

will giv you a list of all installed packages, which are not in the stable
distribution.

Jim