Re: webmin on debian testing.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven Jones" <Steven.Jones@vuw.ac.nz>
To: "debian-user list" <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2005 6:27 PM
Subject: webmin on debian testing.

Hi,

I have an issue with webmin, I can login as root to 127.0.0.1:10000 with
the unix root password, but I cannot login to its external IP,
130.195.20.24:10000

I have set allow=130.195.0.0/255.255.0.0 127.0.0.1 in miniserv.conf

But still no joy.

I tried to enable ssl and generate new keys...no joy but 127.0.0.1 still
works (mozilla on 127.0.0.1 gives me warnings about new keys but
connects OK)

What happens when you try to login?

The default webmin install in Sarge/testing has https enabled by default. When I first set mine up, I ssh'd in from home, then ran Lynx to get to the allow IP page and set my external IP that way. Roundabout, newbie approach, but it does work. Not sure what your exact problem is.

Oh yeah - firewall OK?

GL  - John

What do I have to do to get webmin working on the external Debian box
that differs to every other Unix/Linux?

Regards

Thing