Re: CUPS? Printer.

Ionut Georgescu wrote:
On Wed, 2005-05-25 at 20:43 -0500, Jim Hall wrote:

Brendan wrote:

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 12:02 pm, Stephen Queen wrote:

I've done both of those many times, now and in the past.
It shows up, but no printing commences.

If I may, a comment. I had the printer in our church computer lab working. Now, it only works for the Windoze systems. I'm going to hazard a guess that something is broken and will eventually be fixed. If people with your levels of expertise and experience are puzzeled, I see no other conclusion.

Good luck,
Jim

Hello everyone,

Do you have NIS running ? NIS doesn't use fix port numbers and it
happened to me a few times that CUPS could not start because it could
not bind to port 631.

Ionut

If you're asking me, NIS is not installed. I can go to "http://localhost:631";. As I said, I've noticed that several times something will stop working after an upgrade. At some point down the road it will start working again. Since I'm certain I didn't change anything, I'll wait for awhile and see what happens.

I'm sorry for taking you from the original problem. Please continue.

Jim