Re: CUPS? Printer.

On Wed, 25 May 2005, Brendan wrote:

> What happens is amusing.
> I am using a Samsung 1740 (relatively new, but comes with a ppd and they ok it
> for Linux) on a server of mine. It shares a LAN with my workstation. Neither
> of them can print to it, but both of them can see it and "install it" via a
> cups/631 web interface and KDE's print center. They can even send a test
> page. Sometimes it reports an error, sometimes not. Nothing ever prints.
> The printer worked before I redid my Debian install. I don't remember having
> to do anything fancy.

I can think of a couple of things to try here, depending on
how you do things.

1. When you run kprinter, make sure that the pull down list
about 75% down in the kprinter window that is labeled
"Print system currently used:" is set to CUPS.

2. From the application you are running, when you click on
file-print, try entering kprinter, rather than the lpr or lp
command. When the kprinter dialogue appears, check as in 1.
above.

Let me know what happens.

Stephen Queen