Re: CUPS? Printer.

Brendan wrote:
On Wednesday 25 May 2005 12:02 pm, Stephen Queen wrote:

I can think of a couple of things to try here, depending on
how you do things.

1. When you run kprinter, make sure that the pull down list
about 75% down in the kprinter window that is labeled
"Print system currently used:" is set to CUPS.

2. From the application you are running, when you click on
file-print, try entering kprinter, rather than the lpr or lp
command. When the kprinter dialogue appears, check as in 1.
above.

I've done both of those many times, now and in the past.
It shows up, but no printing commences.

If I may, a comment. I had the printer in our church computer lab working. Now, it only works for the Windoze systems. I'm going to hazard a guess that something is broken and will eventually be fixed. If people with your levels of expertise and experience are puzzeled, I see no other conclusion.

Good luck,
Jim