Re: Issues with network card and installer [WAS: Re: Fwd: Re: Probably a stupid question but...]

No I haven't sent this to anyone else (actually just forwarded to
debian-boot).  This is the first time I have used debian for 3 years
(previously only once before on an old alpha).  Despite many years unix
experience I haven't got the foggest idea what is going on here or if this is
in fact a real problem or just a failure to driver the installer properly.  I
am inclined at this point to give up unless anyone has any good ideas on how
I should proceed.

cheers,

SA