Re: [OT] Re: how do you protect from spammers in Debian lists?

My own approach to spam has been to get very quick with the delete
key, and to have a lot of fun with the more bizarre or congenitally
stupid spam.  I've done a moderate amount of 419 baiting (as Waldo
Bundersnuff, ferret rancher, or Louis Napoleon rightful heir to the
Empire of France, or Gomer Pilsbury, Labradoran mango planter), and
keep the folks in my work group
amused with a "Spam of the Week" posting, often involving the stream
of conciousness devices used to block spam filters (yeah, like I'm really
anxious to get into a financial arrangement with someone who spells
"mortgage" "morrtggage").

In general it's a fact of life, like mosquitos and Reality TV, and
I figure if it's my worst problem my life is near perfect.

Larry

On Mon, May 23, 2005 at 06:47:23PM -0700, Josh Rehman wrote:
> The ubiquity of spam has been ironically liberating - I no longer make any
> attempt to hide my email address. I rely on spam filtering and enjoy
> openness.

No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up.

-- Lily Tomlin