Intel NIC not functioning under Woody [WAS: Re: ]

João Gabriel Sapucahy Chiste wrote:
> I installed the basic version of sarge in my machine and the system did not
> recognized mi intel ethernet card. but the module it's running.
> When i give ifconfig nothing appears, even loopback.
> What could be happened and what can i do?
> I have a cd with a full version of woody, that don`t boot and I can't
> get the
> packages with apt-cdrom add because the system says that don`t have any
> packages in there, but i installed soome debs with dpkg.

João Gabriel,

First, please don't forget to put an informative subject line :-)

Second, Sarge will be released in the next few weeks.  You would
be much better off downloading a Sarge install CD and using that.
The installer has been completely rewritten and the hardware
detection is much better.  If you are sure you want to continue
with Woody, we will need to see the output of the followin commands:

lsmod
ifconfig
cat /etc/network/interfaces

-Roberto