Re: gnome-vfs doesn't mount cdrom or usb stick

Robert Swan wrote:
> I was wrong to say the cdrom gets unmounted when I eject -- it's
> locked until I manually unmount.

That's normal.

> I also noticed that /dev/sda, the device created for my usb memory
> stick when I plug it in, has group ownership of "hal". I'm wondering
> if that's supposed to be group "plugdev"?

I dont think so. At least on my system (mounting my mp3 player) it's
group hal.

If I'm not mistaken, it's gnome-volume-manager and pmount that takes
care of the actual mounting. Make sure gnome-volume-manager is
running, and perhaps consider restarting it and running it from a
terminal to find out what's wrong.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson