Re: gnome-vfs doesn't mount cdrom or usb stick

On 5/17/05, Robert Swan <rswanster@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello;
>
> Gnome-vfs does not seem to mount either a cdrom or a usb memory stick
> when they are inserted. I am able to manually pmount /dev/cdrom cdrom;
> pmount /dev/sda usb-stick; and the devices are automatically unmounted
> when removed. I have the appropriate selections made in the removable
> drives and media preferences.

I was wrong to say the cdrom gets unmounted when I eject -- it's
locked until I manually unmount. Is there supposed to be an entry in
fstab for the cdrom if you want gnome-vfs/hal to mount it for you? Is
hal supposed to notify gnome-vfs who then mounts the drive?

I also noticed that /dev/sda, the device created for my usb memory
stick when I plug it in, has group ownership of "hal". I'm wondering
if that's supposed to be group "plugdev"?

Robert