Re: Kaffeine: divx video suddenly doesn't work

Michael Appleman wrote:
> Oops, I forgot to attach this before, the console output. I didn't see
> an 'X11' driver on the list, but I went through each one that was
> there. It either didn't play the video (but played the sound), or
> complained of a missing driver: "video_decoder: no plugin available to
> handle 'DivX 5'". Normal xine doesn't seem to give any console output.

I couldn't see anything wrong in those logs, but maybe I overlooked
something.

Anyway, I had a quick look at Xine, and you could use it with
--bug-report to create a (long) log of everything.

Also try moving any configuration files for Kaffeine and Xine and see
if there is anything wrong with them.

If that doesn't help, try MPlayer, it is often very verbose and makes
it easy to find out what's wrong.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson