Re: Kaffeine: divx video suddenly doesn't work

Michael Appleman wrote:
> > Well I got around to rebooting, and still no go. Also tried it in
> > normal xine, and I got a dialog box that icouldn't fully read, the
> > text went off the window. I attached a screenshot of it. The video
> > didn't show. And I went to try in mplayer, but apparantly there is no
> > mplayer package in testing?

It's not in the Debian archives yet, but there are unofficial packages
here: http://debian.video.free.fr/

Try running Xine or Kaffeine from a terminal and look for any error
messages there (isn't it possible to run Xine without any GUI?). Also
try changing the video output from Xv to X11 (or vice versa).

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson