Re: Kaffeine: divx video suddenly doesn't work

On 5/16/05, Michael Appleman <stregone@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/16/05, Lee Braiden <jel@tundra.ath.cx> wrote:
> > On Monday 16 May 2005 18:40, Michael Appleman wrote:
> > > For some reason the video in movie files with divx video doesn't show
> > > anymore. The sound plays fine, but the video is just blank. wmv and plain
> > > mpeg2 videos play fine. I have the complete codec pack from the mplayer
> > > website installed, same as before when it worked. I even tried purging
> > > kaffeine and reinstalling it, but still no go. Any ideas? I'm using
> > > testing.
> >
> > Are they the same divx videos that used to work?  If not, don't assume that
> > they should.
> >
> > Otherwise, try running kaffeine from the console, to see what messages you
> > get.  Also, try xine, since it uses the same engine, and maybe mplayer too.
> > Another thing is that you could try rebooting, in case your xv or x11 driver
> > somehow got messed up.  It does *sound* OK from judging from the way you say
> > that mpeg2 vids play alright, but it's worth checking, nonetheless.
> >
> > --
> > Lee.
> >
> > Please send replies to the list, not to my email address.
> >
> > --
> >

> Yeah, these are the same vids that used to work (ogm, mkv, and avi
> files). I ran kaffeine from the console and nothing jumped out at me,
> I attached the output so you could take a look. Thanks!

Well I got around to rebooting, and still no go. Also tried it in
normal xine, and I got a dialog box that icouldn't fully read, the
text went off the window. I attached a screenshot of it. The video
didn't show. And I went to try in mplayer, but apparantly there is no
mplayer package in testing?

"Stregone:/home/stregone# wajig install mplayer
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package mplayer is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source
E: Package mplayer has no installation candidate"