Re: cdrecord failiure with kernel 2.6.8-2-686

On 5/19/05, Colin <cwvca_SPAMNOT@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Vegard|drageV wrote:
> > On 5/18/05, webmaster@worldapart.com <webmaster@worldapart.com> wrote:
> >
> > ATA didn't work for me, but but ATAPI did:
> >
> > cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=ATAPI:0,1,0 image.iso
>
> I'd try and use ATA if possible.  ATAPI doesn't use DMA so you're more
> prone to making coasters.  See if "cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATA" shows anything.

cdrecord -scanbus dev=ATA behaves strangely. My cdrecorder is
locateted at scsibus 0,1,0. Wich should mean ATA:0,1,0 should be
pointing to that device, but it points to my secondary harddisk hdb.
Eluding any number after ATA, makes cdrecord look for a cdburner on
hda. Of course, it finds nothing.

Can this strange beavior have concequences for the rest of the
cdrecord based utilities?

Vegard