Re: help in sarge testing->stable

Alberto Bert wrote:
Hi,

I'm running sarge, but I would like to keep using the testing distribution,
also after the release. Do you think there will be any kind of
problem in the transition between sarge and the new testing? I mean,
should I just upgrade my system and everything should work, or there are
some important changes I have to deal with?

sorry if the question was stupid.
thanks
Alberto

The question is very common and there is nothing stupid about it. May I point you to the FAQ I have written in the past and hosted at

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/debian_choosing_distribution.html

In particular you might be interested in

Q13 - What happens when a new release is made?
Q15 - I am currently tracking testing (sarge). What happens when a release is made? Will I still be tracking testing or will my machine be running the new stable distribution?