rsync bug with symlinks ?

I have two machines in the LAN running Sarge, and I want to rsync (mirror)
specific directories from one to another, let say from pc1 -> pc2

On pc2 I have rsync running as server and the rsyncd.conf contains an alias :

[ALL]
path = /

(there is a reason why I have all of the filesystem as alias.)

On pc1 I'm running something like :

rsync -azu -v /etc.pc2/ pc2::ALL/etc.pc2/

Unfortunately this breaks specific symlinks, like :

/etc.pc2/X11/X -> usr/bin/X11/XFree86

instead of the correct /usr/bin/X11/XFree86.

Also the same is happening with relative symlinks, like :

/etc.pc2/myrelative -> ../usr/local/etc/myrelative

becomes

/etc.pc2/myrelative -> usr/local/etc/myrelative

I have tried -R ,  -L , and --copy-unsafe-links
without any result. What I'm missing ?

TIA
--
iik1