Re: laptop and different networks

Kamaraju Kusumanchi a écrit :

| Daniel Déchelotte wrote:
| > H. S. a écrit :
| >
| > | I am supposed to configure a laptop so that is can be connected to a
| > | CAT5 cable on either a home LAN or a university LAN. [...]
| > | What options do I have to solve this problem (ifplugd, guessnet,
| > | etc)?
| >
| > This is exactly what this review[1] attempts to cover.
| > [1] http://yo.dan.free.fr/profils-reseau.phtml.en
|
| Excellent article. I learned a lot. If you are interested here is a typo.
| [...]

Thanks for your feedback. Many thanks indeed. This is fixed now.

| Also A typical laptop user would be interested mainly in wireless
| configuration. So I think the interfaces file in your appendix should
| also contain a stanza related to ath0 (wireless interface).

You are right. Unfortunately, although I do have a WiFi laptop, I lack
accesspoints, and I prefer manually turning on and off my WiFi card on rare
occasions instead of letting it probe APs continuously (and drain the
battery). Still, this is fully "on topic" and I would gladly augment the
paper with any good contribution.

In this thread, Tim wrote:

| You should take a look at the whereami package. It's great for moving
| between different network profiles.

Who are you replying to? Please quote context (trimmed to the minimum).

--
Daniel Déchelotte
                  http://yo.dan.free.fr/