Re: laptop and different networks

Hi,

H. S. a écrit :

| I am supposed to configure a laptop so that is can be connected to a
| CAT5 cable on either a home LAN or a university LAN. [...]
| What options do I have to solve this problem (ifplugd, guessnet, etc)?

This is exactly what this review[1] attempts to cover.
If you have troubles or solutions not list there, I would be glad to update
the page.

[1] http://yo.dan.free.fr/profils-reseau.phtml.en

In short, a reasonably flexible and all Debian-integrated method uses
ifplugd, ifupdown, guessnet and resolvconf, plus other packages depending
on your specific needs (much like what Johan B. suggested in an other
mail).

Cheers,

--
Daniel Déchelotte