Re: group web software

The sole reason is that this is for our organization (a college actually) and it would look rather unprofessional to redirect users to use someone else's service. I do think Google Groups looks nice and is exactly what we could use.

Nate

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

Nate Kroll wrote:

This is by no means a debian based question, but the software would be on a debian box and everyone on this list seems very knowledgable, so this seems like a great place to start.

I'm looking for some web application that will allow the creation and management of community groups. Something like Google Groups or Yahoo Groups. I'd like a webapp that will allow me to register and create a group that others can join and the group members would be able to use a common message board and perhaps a gallery. It would be awesome if there was little administration (since that would be my job).

Is there any reason you are not preferring google groups? I think they are pretty decent for your purpose.

raju