Re: Please help: Accidentally wiped off the whole hard disk!!!

> Deboo ^ (<knowledgeful@gmail.com>) wrote:
>
> > I accideantally fdisked my linux hard disk  and deleted all
> > partitions, created one single solaris partition. I wanted to do this
> > on my second hard disk and thought I had connected the second one and
> > disconnected the first, but hadn't disconnected the first one really.
> > [...]
> > Since it's not yet formatted, I would think there must be a way to
> > recover all the data still.
> > [...]

your partition info is saved at 0x448 - 0x512
	4 partitions of 16-bytes each

if you used lilo, that info is also /boot/boot.0300
( or whatever backup file it created for your partition scheme at the
  time lilo was installed )

dd if=/boot/boot.0300 of=/dev/hda bs=512 count=1
should restore your partitions ... but i didn't test it

c ya
alvin