Re: do I really need "make-kpkg clean"?

> 4) do the change in the config file of 2.6.11.myver and recompile it
> (same version same revision, everything is the same) without doing
> "make-kpkg clean"?

You could try

  rm stamp-build
  debian/rules build
  fakeroot debian/rules kernel_image

or just

  make
  fakeroot debian/rules kernel_image

I have until now only used this if I didn't change
the configuration but only the source. I thought that
probably everything depends on .config, so that after
changing the configuration make would just rebuilt everything.
However, I just tried (changing the config and then making)
and the kernel make system seems to do something more clever.

Cheers,

Peter van Rossum