Re: do I really need "make-kpkg clean"?

Manoj Srivastava wrote:

Huh? The only time make-kpkg calls the kernel build script's
clean is in make-kpkg's clean target. When you tell make-kpkg to
clean stuff, it calls the kernel's clean targets, which makes
sense. Why would you want to disable this?

I wouldn't want to disable that behaviour, rather disable the calling of clean when I invoke make-kpkg with kernel_image or whatever. But, I don't have a kernel tree in front of me so I cannot explain what I mean properly, I will come back when I can :-)