Re: Cannot remove 'execute' permission from vfat & ntfs partitions

Laura Melton wrote:

Thanks for asking this question; I hadn't realized it was possible to
remove the pesky executable permissions, so I hadn't even tried to find
out how to do it!

It's not generally useful to do so, however - if it's a script, you don't need +x to pass it as an argument to the interpreter, and you can do the same thing with an ELF binary by passing the path as an argument to the loader, afaik.