Microsoft Digital Media Pro USB keyboard and KDE3

I'm looking for any help that might lead to getting all the little
bonus keys working on my new keyboard in KDE3.  Googling for the
keyboard name and "kde" or "linux" doesn't find anything relevant,
just Windows-oriented reviews and online shopping sites.  Obviously,
being a Microsoft product, the manual was no help in my case.

I tried selecting several different keyboard models with similar names
in kcontrol's Regional and Accessability > Keyboard Layout section
but I can't seem to get any of the keys or the zoom slider to work,
save for the standard 104 keys.

I presume there must be some way to find out what kind of keyscans I'm
getting from the extended keys and be able to create my own keyboard
layouts in KDE3.  Any pointers on how to proceed?

--
Paul Johnson
Email and Instant Messenger (Jabber): baloo@ursine.ca