Re: do I really need "make-kpkg clean"?

H. S. wrote:
> Apparently, _Andres Järv_, on 05/03/2005 06:05 PM,typed:
>
>> I'm missing the point of make-kpkg. It doesn't make any other
>> difference than make things more complicated IMHO. I just use the old
>> fashion way of cp and make modules_install ;)
>

> The only advantage I see is that I get a deb package of the kernel I am
> compiling. But with the trouble of having to do a clean and then
> recompiling everything even after a teeny bit tweak of config, I am
> wondering if it is worth obtaining the deb anymore.
>
> ->HS

Set 'do_clean := NO' in /etc/kernel-pkg.conf.  I have in the past
modified the config slightly and rebuilt the package with the same
revision #.  Just be aware that you will clobber your existing kernel
and need an immediate reboot.

If you are on one machine, it may or may not be worth it.  When you
deploy a kernel across 20 machines, it certainly worth it to have
a package.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez