Re: Cron Problem

Graham Smith wrote:
Hi folks,

I have a little problem with cron that has been bugging me for a while but I can't find a solution. I, as many of you no doubt do, run a nightly backup script using cron. Every morning I would check my email and there would be a nice fresh report of how the backup went.

About 6 months ago there was an update to cron and the emails stopped appearing from that job. What I can't understand is the fact that I get email from all my other cron jobs and if I comment out the couple of slow steps in the backup job (burning the DVD and checking it) I get email again. What seems to be happening is that the output is discarded if the job runs for longer than about 30 minutes. Is there a setting that would cause this?

You help is most appreciated as this one has been bugging me for ages.

Doozer

It just occurred to me that people might think this post is a troll due to the strangeness of the problem. I am assure you it isn't and that I do really have this odd problem.

Thanks.