From: ML_SOLUTION-LINUX@mta.notes.brother.co.jp
To: michael.bane@manchester.ac.uk
Subject: [No:000078]Thank you for your inquiry
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:25:39 +0900
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is Japanese Solutions Center headquarters.
Thank you for your inquiry.

To solve the problem, would you please follow the instructions below?

1.Please decompress the attached file to the following directory:
cd /
tar zxf  hl5150dlpr-1.1.2.tgz

2.Edit it according to the information in the third line of "doinst.sh"
or fourth line of "delete.sh" which are located in the "install" directory.
For instance, if it's using LPRng, should write like this:
/etc/init.d/lprng  restart

3.Run the "doinst.sh".
sh  doinst.sh

4.When you uninstall it, run both "predelete.sh" and "delete.sh".

sh predelete.sh
sh delete.sh

If these steps don't work well, try "-v" option and
send us the result.

With best regards,
Brother Solutions Center

===

re the LPD drivers from your web page
http://solutions.brother.com/linux/sol/printer/linux/lpr_drivers.html
the debian package for the HL-5150D doesn't install correctly and very very

very worringly attempted to wipe out /usr/local during uninstall. dpkg
didn't
allow this so i had to hand edit the relevant files in /var/lib/dpkg/info
myself in order to uninstall the non-working s/ware
--
Michael Bane
Atmospheric Physics Group