Re: brother printing [SOLVED]

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 09:21 +0100, michael bane wrote:
> Folks - I got the following from Brother about setting up their HL-5150D
> for printing but am unsure whether it's going to screw my system (or
> even work). The tar file I've put at
>   http://www.networkingnewsletter.org.uk/tmp/hl5150dlpr-1.1.2.tgz
> I'm using CUPS for printing (not lpd that it seems to discuss) and it
> currently prints but doesn't seem to do duplex
>
> All thoughts welcome!
> Michael

actually, following closely stuff on linuxprinting the following gives
duplex for my Deb box using PPD off the Brother supplied CDROM.

  cd  <cdrom>/Driver/PS/PPD/<language>
  sudo cp -i BR5170_2.ppd /usr/share/cups/model/
  sudo killall -HUP cupsd

then goto CUPS interface, and now choose the (new) "HL-5170DN BR-Script3 (en)"
option