Re: SATA not detected

I am not able to get which module is used by sata even in knoppix.
Does it have to do anything with usb mass storage? I can't find any
scsi modules in modconf that are loaded. So, even if I recompile the
kernel, what is that I need to load to make SATA work? How do I find
this? Should I post the part of the dmesg which detects SATA in
knoppix?

Regards,
Geek