apt-get upgrade problem

Hello,

I remember i had a problem before with apt. I have sid, and after i do
apt-get update and then upgrade, many services get stopped, then
archives get untared, apt ask me about keeping some configuration
files, and finally the stopped services get started. This is not much
problem, but on that machine i have quagga and after bgpd goes down
.... I remain outside. When first time this happened, i could run to
that router and start quagga, second time i was ready to stay
connected on the ISP ip so i could start quagga. But, please, how can
i tell apt NOT TO STOP quagga?

Thanks in advance.