Re: only 'umount -l' works with one of my usb sticks

Apparently, _H. S._, on 20/04/05 12:20,typed:

Hi,

On my Sarge machine running 2.6.9 kernel and gnome when I insert a USB stick it mounts automatically fine, I get it's desktop icon and I am able to read/write it. However, when I right click on the usb stick's icon and click on "unmount volume" it gives an error that the device is busy. Running 'umount /media/usbdisk' as root also doesn't work and gives the same message. But, "umount -l /media/usbdisk" works (as root) to umount the USB stick. I wonder what is going on here.

An update. I tried that USB stick again and now everything seems to be working fine. I did plugged and plugged out that USB stick a few more times and works like a charm. Not sure what the problem was.

->HS

--
Please remove the underscores ( the '_' symbols) from my email address to obtain the correct one. Apologies, but the fudging is to remove spam.