Re: Nvu finally in sarge

Wayne Topa wrote:
Roberto C. Sanchez(roberto@familiasanchez.net) is reported to have said:

Wayne Topa wrote:

When I went to your site I wanted to print it for study and found
that only one page printed altho the file seemed a lot longer than
that.  I wondered why that was and now see it t be an artifact of
nvu.  I just went to the Features page of nvu.com and a page preview
shows that is is only one page long, in Firefox, yet is is more like
5-6 pages.  That is not how most sites work and I wondered if you
had noticed that and found a fix?

I had someone mention it to me a while back and I thought I had fixed
it.  I guess I was wrong :-).  What it ended up being was that I use
{ position: fixed } attribute, which messes up the print formatting.
It is now fixed by specifying the body style differently for print than
it is for screen.

I just checked your Debian Repository page and it still 'print
Preview's' as 1 page, as do most of the nvu.com pages.  I have not had
this problem with Firefox on any other web sites so I have to assume
(bad) it's a problem with nvu.  I haven't finished readint the helpn
manual do it may be covered it there.  The printing of the manul is
complete but, as fas as firefox is concerned, it overwrites some of
the text with the "NVU Help Center" Header.  Odd that that hasn't
been reported.

Did you use the "Printer friendly version"?

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr