Re: interdependent packages?

Hi,
(I hope the OP sees this, this email is a few days old and no one else
replied...)

Kazuki Okajima wrote:

> I have a problem installing libpango packages. Installer says that
> libpango1.0-0_1.0.1-3_i386.deb cannot be installed because
> libpango-common_1.0.1-3_i386.deb is not configured.
>
> And when I try to install the second one, (libpando-common...) it
> depends on the first one (libpando1...). And this package is "install
> ok and unpacked"
>
> It seems that these two packages are inter-dependent.

Assuming that by "installer" you mean dpkg, you should try to install
both packages from the SAME command:

# dpkg -i libpango1.0-0*.deb libpango-common*.deb

Or, make life easier on yourself and just use APT:

# apt-get install libpango1.0-0

which will take care of dependencies automagically for you.

regards,

GPG public key ID: 4F83C751                 Princeton, NJ 08544