Re: suspending programs
On Tue, 19 Apr 2005, roberto wrote:
> i usually run large simulations, and it happened sometimes power to go down
> suddenly, i don't know why.
what is the cpu temp at the time of the shutdown ??
- are you monitoring cpu temp ( should be 40-50C )...
- some motherboards shut itself down at anywhere from 80-110C
- are you watching if you ran out of real memory and swap space
- are you watching your power supply voltages
- all else .. you have a bug in the sw you're using
- and it is a very good thing for the cpu to shut itself down if its
dying from too much heat
> I'd like to restart my programs just at the same point where they have been
are you save the sate fo the simulation ?? if not ...it's impossible to
continue from where you crashed
-- btw.. i'd like $50B too so that i can buy microshit and shutdown the
company :-) .. its late :-0