Re: howto update PATH

On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Thomas Adam wrote:

> Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 22:22:43 +0100 (BST)
> From: Thomas Adam <thomas_adam16@yahoo.com>
> To: Ernst-Magne Vindal <ernst@vindal.com>,
>      debian-user <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
> Subject: Re: howto update PATH
>
> --- Ernst-Magne Vindal <ernst@vindal.com> wrote:
>
> You either haven't done:
>
> source ~/.bash_profile
>
> Or more likely (I'm making an assumption here, as you haven't said) that
> you haven't told whichever terminal emulator you use in X to spawn a login
> shell.  xterms, rxvts support the '-ls' switch for that.  This will force
> the login shell to read your ~/.bash_profile as per Bash Invokation.
>
> -- Thomas Adam
>
> "The Linux Weekend Mechanic" -- http://linuxgazette.net
> "TAG Editor"                 -- http://linuxgazette.net
>
> "<shrug> We'll just save up your sins, Thomas, and punish
> you for all of them at once when you get better. The
> experience will probably kill you. :)"
>
>  -- Benjamin A. Okopnik (Linux Gazette Technical Editor)

> --

Hi, thats right, I have not done sorce command, never done so. But doing
it does not make any differens, same result as export PATH. Its there
until I reboot.

And in X I use primary xterm and sometines aterm, but as I said I have
never had this problem before, these files is used from older install and
I just copy them with me if I ever have to set up a new instll.

 /ernst-magne