Remove pkg

I'm working on two Sarge systems, one at church and one not. Both have the same situation. I installed Enlightenment on one and swf-player on the other. The first user can't deal with Enlightenment's eye candy aspects. The second user needs flashplugin-nonfree because swf-player can't handle the web sites she uses.

I'm slightly confused about the apt-get removal commands. I need to eliminate these (and other future) pkg's as though they had never been installed. Completely and utterly. So far, I've failed with Enlightenment. Before I try again, I'd like to get this sorted out. I've read the apt-get howto and man pages, but I must have missed and/or misunderstood something.

Jim