Re: ALSA -sound

On 4/18/05, Punit Ahluwalia <punit_a@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > And what do these commands give as output:
> > $> lsmod | grep snd
> > $> lsmod | grep oss
> >
> QM_Modules: function not implemented for both.
>
> By the way, I am running kernel 2.6.26. When compiling the kernel, I read somewhere that
> OSS was not needed beyond kernel 2.6.XX. Furthermore, I compiled the sound driver direcly
> into the kernel and not as modules, as you can see from the dmesg output.

I think you must be mistaken; the latest released kernel is 2.6.11.
Maybe you're thinking of 2.4.26?

Anyway, I recommend that you do not compile your own kernel unless you
really need to.  I recommend that you use apt-get (or Synaptic,
aptitude, etc.) to install the latest 2.6.x kernel-image package, then
purge and reinstall the ALSA packages, then run alsaconf, and then see
if that fixes it.

Good luck.