Re: amazingly, debian server keeps crashing

Hi there.

I had exactly the same problem (albeit with different hardware) for about a
month. But I was running Exim and it was Exim that was (apparently)
generating the error.

Someone suggested I tried another stick of RAM.

I took the RAM out of a working machine and stuck it in instead.

Took the now redundant RAM, stuck it in a other machine, ran memtest86 and 2
days later - memtest reported an error.

Six months later - the mail server had not failed once!

I would suggest you look at this first - mainly 'cos it's cheap!

Cheers,
TreeBoy